Skip to content

Spinal Decompression in Annandale

patient on a spinal decompression tableDr. Reza is nationally certified in non-surgical spinal decompression and specializes in this area. Most people think that once a disc is ruptured, surgery is the only recourse.

At Optimum Chiropractic & Health Center, we see approximately a 90% success rate treating disc herniations, ruptures, bulges and other injuries without surgery.

What Is a Herniated Disc?

Discs provide a cushion between the vertebrae, and are approximately 86% water in the form of a gel cushion, with an outer ring of cartilage making up the other 14%. If the outer ring is damaged, the gel can ooze out and press on a nerve, causing pain. In addition, when the gel is not in the correct position, there is little to no cushion between the vertebrae.

Non-surgical spinal decompression works to gently stretch the spine, removing pressure on the discs to pull the gel cushion back into the center of the disc and allow the torn outer ring to heal. Once the ring is completely healed, the gel can’t leak out again.

Our Methods

We have state-of-the-art decompression tables that are FDA-approved: the AcuSpine table and the DRX9000. Prior to treatment, we will take digital X-rays on-site and refer you for an MRI to confirm the diagnosis.

Decompression treatment starts with some soft tissue work, including e-stim and myofascial release to help your muscles relax. Then we’ll adjust the affected area. Next, you’ll spend about half an hour on the decompression table, which applies a light pull to stretch your spine. Finally, you’ll receive cold laser therapy, which helps increase blood flow to the damaged area to facilitate healing.

Your specific treatment plan will be tailored to your condition, and follow-up X-rays will demonstrate your progress and the new disc space.

Take the First Step

Contact us today to get started with state-of-the-art non-surgical spinal decompression.

Spinal Decompression Annandale, Fairfax, Burke VA | (703) 658-0967

Chiropractic Websites by Perfect Patients